For the moms who use Wii Fit to work out and use it as a scale i have questions please

Ok so i worked out this morning. it says i lost 4lbs yeah right! I am still 130lbs. I weighed my self on my scale. it is a Biggest Loser glass scale. It does have the Biggest loser logo on it but they dont sell it like that anymore. it is this one
http://www.taylorusa.com/weight-management/glass-electronic-scales/glass-lithium-electronic-scale.html
It read 130lbs yesterday and today but my Wii says i lost 4lbs so that would make it 126lbs.. I cant find the 4 round things that go under the wii board.. my kids lost it! does that make a difference? Also i use it on the carpet(wii board)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• yes, if you need the round things if you are using it on carpet, or it won't register properly. Also, what are you saying your clothes weigh? and what time did you weigh yourself yesterday?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yes it does make a difference. the wii board will weigh you about 5 lbs lighter on a carpet.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I use mine on the carpet too, and I've noticed the scale is about 5 lbs less than every other scale that I've used. Don't get me wrong I love to see that I'm less on the scale, but not sure how accurate it is.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My Wii board said I was a full 30 pounds lighter than I really was when I used it without the extenders on carpet. With extenders it is consistently 2 or 3 pounds under weight of what I really am. It's simply not reliable as an accurate weighing tool.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Using it on carpet can definitely make a difference; try it again on a hard surface if you can. The slightest change in level can really throw off the balance board's weight measurements. Also, it's normal for there to be a slight difference between scales, as well as a difference in your weight at different times of day due to water loss/retention. I know my weight was always "changing" when I was using the Wii Fit to measure it. Hope that helps!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• op here.. i keep putting minus 2 pounds for clothes. I had on capri work out pants, a muscle shirt and a shirt over it. No shoes or socks.
    I wouldnt know how much my clothes weigh! I cant find those stupid round things. I am going to have to buy a mat and those round things. i work out at different times all the time. I cant do it always at 9am in the morning. Its when ever i get the chance to do it. I have three kids
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• aliceryannesmom- There isnt no way to use the wii board on a different surface lol! my tv is in the living room and that is where i have carpet as well as my bedrooms. I weigh my self in the bathroom (weight scale) and it has a flat surface. So basically i have to always work out at 9am, use a mat and buy those 4 round thingys that my kids lost. I seen them last month or the month before and now there gone. I wish they would stop touching things lol
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I used the scale on it and it claimed I gained 3lbs, lmao yeah right. I know I didn't gain any weight. This was before I started doing cardio and etc.. I don't weight myself, I just go by how my clothes are fitting. They are loose right now, yay! lol
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My Wii scale is quite accurate, but as others have said--it will not be accurate on carpet without the extra feet. If you can't get new feet, maybe you can get a piece of wood cut to fit underneath it or something?
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• alot of people dont know that u weight different ....different times of the day
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 7:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010