Too scared to tell him I'm pregnant...

I'm 4 months pregnant after having 6 miscarriages, some quite far on, and my husband didn't even want us to try for a baby after all that (we were married 7 years ago) but I went against him and I know I shouldn't have (I lied about BC) & now I'm 4 months pregnant and I'm so scared for my baby and too scared to tell my husband that I'm pregnant since he's going to panic and worry and I'm worried about what's going to happen this time as well. I was just so desperate for my first child. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You have to tell him and you have to do it right away. Tell him that you're sorry that you haven't told him sooner but you were scared and didn't want him to worry. After he gets over his initial reaction, he'll probably be just as thrilled as you are. Good luck!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think the sooner you tell him the better. Pregnancy is a pretty big thing to keep hidden from your partner.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Be honest and get to a doctor asap! I know of people who have had problems with their pregnancies and miscarriages in the past.. who now have healthy children.. one thing you don't want to do having such high risk pregnancies is stress yourself out.. better to honest and deal with the reaction instead of running from the situation, he is going to figure it out eventrually might as well get it over sooner than later ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i think the longer that you do not tell him the worse it will be. Just be an adult and do it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• So let's say u hide it and A) carry it to full term, u tell toward da end of the pregnancy n he misses out on building a bond w lil one in ur womb. Or B) u miscarry and go thru the mourning by urself?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well you are having a baby with this man.... you can only hide it for so long... I'm sure he will be shocked at first but then estatic.... Congrats and relax, stress isn't good for the baby....GL!!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You must tell him. The stress of not telling him is worse for you & the baby than it would be to just tell him & get it over with. If it will make you feel better, fudge the truth a bit & tell him the BC failed - it happens. How far along were you with your previous miscarriages? Have you already gone longer with this pregnancy? If you have, that bodes well and maybe he won't stress about it as much. Good luck & blessings on your & your child to be.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't agree with decieving him to get pregnant, however I understand. But what's done is done, and you need to be responsible adn just tell him. This will pass. You have to just grin it and bear it because you have created the situation. It will be okay! You are just nervous. Good luck! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You have to tell him. I'm sure he would be more upset if you didn't! I will keep you in my prayers that everything will work out this time!
    bkodes24

Answer by bkodes24 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Be honest with him and tell him what happened. If you aren't showing already, you will very soon and he is going to figure it out. I would imagine that he will be more mad at you for hiding the pregnancy from him than being honest with him. I am very sorry to hear about your 6 miscarriages and am sure that both of you were devastated going through them. I know that it is very difficult to have a miscarriage but helps to have the support of your hubby. I think that in the end, he will be thrilled that you are pregnant again especially if you are further along than in any of the pregnancies before. Good luck and congratulations!!! I will keep good thoughts for you.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 7:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010