why am I bruising so easily???

So I haven't been able to eat ( everytime I do I get violently ill) and I have bruises all over my body, and I'm exhausted all the time.... does anyone know what this could be? I don't have medical insurance but I'm getting scared because it's been 2 weeks now...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

• You can see if a free clinic will take you; fatigue/tiredness and easy bruising really aren't things to ignore, especially if it's been two weeks. If nothing else, you should be able to make arrangements for payment plans for anything a doctor's office might do. You can find out what assistance is available to you at any local health department. Meantime, a multi vitamin isn't a bad idea. But you really should get checked out.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sounds like you could be anemic, I know I was bruising really easy when I was anemic, not to mention the exhaustion.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• you need vitamin c. a vitamin c deficiency will cause you to bruise easily...now you can get a supplement but i'd recommend a big glass of orange juice daily
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• take Iron or the doc. sounds like anemia and take prenatal's too they will help either that or a multivitamin!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep... you dont have to be preggo to take pre natal vitamins.....

Sounds like you are a bit anemic......a blood test can help figure that out.

Good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It sounds like it could be something simple to fix like anemia or something more serious. I would seriously suggest getting the help you need to find out what is going on. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Mama, you should get checked out. I have no medica background, what so ever but my little cousinĀ“s leukemia started this way, granted I am not telling you this is what could be wrong with you, but prompting you to get checked out because that is not normal.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Are you taking any over the counter medications containing asprin, like excedrin, regularly? I suffer migraines and was at one point taking these daily. The asprin was causing my blood to thin and i was bruising really easily. Some other medications can contain asprin also that you may not realize.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sounds like you either are seriously Anemic or have an even more serious condition. You need to get to a doctor ASAP. They can help you get Medicaid or other Government Assitence to help pay for medical costs. Don't allow not having insurance stop you from getting medical help. Go to the doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i agree look into gettin Medicaid to get seen
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 5:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010