my 3 month old son sleeps about 4-6 hrs at night and people are starting to tell me to put cereal in his bottle! i think hes sleeping ok for his age. Advice please?

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Listen to what you think is right. Just let it go and do not worry about what everyone else says.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He is doing great - trust your instincts. 4-6 hours for a 3 month old is really, really good! And cereal in bottles is absolutely not necessary. He needs breastmilk or formula - that's it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• trust your mommy senses.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ignore them, and do what you think is best.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He is doing great. I was told by my DS's doc not to put the cereal in the bottle because it is a choking hazard. But like getrealmama said trust your instincts! You know your child better then anyone. All kids start sleeping through the night at different times. My son was sleeping through the night a 2 months old and a friend of mines son didnt start sleeping through the night till he was about 6 or 7 months old.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• thats what ive been saying!! but im a new mom and like to hear other moms opinions!!!! and yes he is a VERY VERY GOOD BABY! im very lucky! he is on formula 4 oz very 3 or so hrs....sometimes he will go 5 hrs with out eating. and i def wont wake him up to feed him! and i dont mind getting up in the middle of the night anytime spent with him i cherish!!!!!!!!
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Isn't it wonderful how so many people have not helpful tips for you when you have a baby? My MIL did the same thing when my daughter was younger. You may wish to point out that introducing cereal and other foods too early has been shown to increase food allergies.

And 4 -6 hours is wonderful! My son does about the same and I have to say I feel rested :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 3:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well my dr says not to introduce "solids" until 6 months! but u know we always dont listen to the drs! ;)
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He is sleeping great!!! don't listen to what other say ..are tehy getting up with him?? No well then they can shove it! LOL and babies are not able to digest cereal until 4 to 6 months and really in hsi bottel and have him gagging and choking on the thickened mixture??!?!? I alwasy get irked when ppl sya give your baby cereal so they sleep longer....but if they hav e apuppy they buy puppy food until they are a adult dog...but give a newborn solids early to make them sleep...that doesn't make them sleep...do you sleep better if you eat a huge heavy meal then go to sleep ..probably now

I have 5 kids all really close in age 16, 14, 12, 11 & 9. you know what 4 to 6 housr in a row at age 3 montsh would have been WELCOME! and even though they did not sleep well until a bit older I survived and don't miss that sleep now,I do however cherish teh memoriesI chose to look at it that at say 3 am it was just me & my baby.
    Happyfamilyof7

Answer by Happyfamilyof7 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• see again thats what i thought!! HAPPYFAMILYOF7!!! me and my husband have our routine and it works for us!!!!
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010