does anyone use baby powder? And exactly what for?

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Me, but just on myself in hot weather. It's not good for babies; they breathe it in.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Same as SWasson - I use it on myself. Have never used it on my son. Diaper rash cream is all he needs and perhaps I need to start using that too, now that I think about it, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I use it for my son in every diaper or he will get such a bad rash that he will start bleeding.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i use baby powder only because i dont wash my hair everyday( stripes it of the healthy minerals) so on the secon day of not washing my hair sometimes it can get a little oily so i toss some baby powder in my hair not only does it look like u just washed your hair it smells good too, but be worned u have to rub it in or u will have white hair! lol
    kevsmom33

Answer by kevsmom33 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ~oh no SHELII im sorry to hear about your son! thats awful!
    ~~i got so many bottles of it at my showers that idk what the heck to do with it all!!!!!!! :)
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i usually use it in the summer for me to absorb the moisture mostly in between my boobs. lol. its like the main area that sweats. i hate it. my boobs are a reg size d, i dnt get why they sweat so much
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Haven't used it on myself in years, LOL. And I've never used it on my son. I was told by the nurse after having him that baby powder is bad for them because they can inhale it (which makes sense), so I chose not to use it. However, there is liquid baby powder by Huggies and I'd gotten that as a shower gift, so I did use that on occasion. My son has never really suffered from diaper rash fortunately so I haven't had to use it much.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Same here Jaydn. I do live in a hot climate, and I have big boobs. But I am not a sweaty person otherwise, and the underboob dampness really does get old. It ruins bras too. Someone needs to invent a solution for this problem, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• haha! JAYDNSMOM22 that is funny! ;) too bad that wont work for me tho!!! pre pregnancy 32 a's!!!!!!! but while pregnant that were BEAUTIFUL 36 B'S!!!! and on my small frame they were BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :) thanks for the advice tho!

sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well GETREALMAMMA call that "got an idea" company and u could become famous $$$$$$. the boob sweat reducer!!!!! ;) or the boob pads!!!!!!
    sledgesmom28

Comment by sledgesmom28 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010