Should there be more to joining than just being a mom?

meaning that some members are just here to argue and be witchy to everyone. Shouldn't they be put out with the under-16s and dads?

In fact I'm thinking there should be a weeding out process of some sort. We allow these mean moms to be here only because they are moms (of course how can anyone really know anything online), but I'd rather deal with some nice productive good dads and teens (who can be open about who they are and not have to be hide themselves to play here) than deal with some of these overly open mean moms on here.

We don't allow nice people because of their age or gender but we do allow jerks based on them having given birth at some point. Thats just too general an allowance to me and unfair to those that could be productive members or give good insight and point of view without the drama and troll-like behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are all kinds of people out there. I think part of the beauty of Cafemom is the variety and points of view. I just don't give it any power if someone else is mean. People are entitled to their opinions just as you or I.. We don't always know what someone else is going through or has gone through. I once had en email that was someting like "Some people are just like a garbage truck with so much negativity that it is overflowing and when they bump into you, some of it spills on you, it is your choice what to do with it, Are you going to pick it up and carry it or let it roll off of you? " Have a good day !! Hugs.......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This is CafeMom, not ComiMom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It's actually more complex than that...here in America, we have this constitutional right called "Freedom of Speech"...
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wish it were easy to keep rude people out, but it's impossible. :( Especially when you're dealing with someone who really gets off on being rude to others, they'll find ways to come back, even if it's masquerading as a dad or under-16. I have belonged to a forum (of a different subject) for about 7 years, and there was a 2-year period in which one person got kicked off the forum repeatedly and kept coming back under different names. We eventually had to go much deeper than just kicking him off the forum, and have his personal computer's web address specifically blocked.

Oh well, rude people will be rude! Just remember that you're probably a lot happier person than they are. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• This is a free and public forum. You can't make restrictions based on your like or dislike of someone or their answers. Maybe if this site was a pay site, then they could make such restrictions. Plus, how would they go about it? Make everyone take a personality test?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would take this seriously if you had the courage to put your name. How do we know that you aren't "an open mean Mom" ?

I am sure that if you search the internet you can find a site that fits your needs. Good Luck!

Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 3:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• For one thing, I don't see how a line can be drawn. How mean would be mean enough to be kicked out? What about the mom who seems mean but who has issues in her off-line life and being able to be here helps her deal. Perhaps someone may seem mean, but they are lashing out because they are being mistreated in their lives.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It is very sad that we have to deal with people like this. Just because they are so unhappy with themselves and their life, they have to inflict it upon others. If only they were happy!....things would be much better.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'd rather deal with bitches than teens and men.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Seriously? Does a place exist anywhere in this planet?
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010