Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Paranoid, or worth checking out?

A few days ago, I started having cramping/slightly stabby pains in my belly. I thought it was just something I ate, but then it continued and I started feeling it more in the lower parts of my abdomen too. I'm definitely NOT pregnant, NOT on my period, NOT eating anything out of the ordinary, etc.

It's really uncomfortable and there have been a couple times when a particularly stabbing pain caught me by surprise and I would actually stop what I was doing for a second. Then it's gone for a few hours, then it's back again. :-P It's been happening for about 4 days now. I'm trying to decide if I'm paranoid and should just wait a while longer, or if it's something I shouldn't ignore?

Answer Question

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 4:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

Level 20 (8,465 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • possible IBS

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • Call your doctor and see what he/she has to say, check webmd or even call the er.

    Answer by MizAnn at 4:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • If you are unsure then it is better to get checked out ! I would rather be paranoid and find out nothing is wrong then let it go and something be wrong !!

    Answer by mamahol at 4:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • Here's what I always think before deciding to go to the Dr - what will they actually DO for me when I get there? I seem to get the Dr's that are like, huh, really, stomache pain, check me and out tell me to call them if it gets worse or doesn't go away within 2 weeks, could be VIRAL - ( usually Does end up going away though )

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • Yeah maxsmom, that's what I've been thinking. I really don't want to bother going to the doctor and getting that look that says, "You have a tummy ache? Gee, I'm sorry." But of course it's bugging me enough to think about going to the doctor, and I am about as far as you can get from hypochondriacal. Ah, we'll see! Thanks for the responses ladies!

    Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • yea go to the dr

    Answer by mekarevell at 5:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • If it becomes too painful or lasts for a few more days, go to the doctor..

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.