SHOULD I TRY TO PUT MY 6 WEEK OLD ON A ROUTINE?

my baby will be 6 weeks monday. i would like to have him on a routine, with eating and sleeping. he gets a bath around 2pm and he is always on his tummy, so he is getting his tummy time. people say that he is too young. what do you think? if you had your baby on a routine by 6 weeks or are doing that now what did you do?

anjmsmommie

Asked by anjmsmommie at 4:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he is too young, babies at that age are kind of on their own routine, you can always start out with just a bedtime routine though if he generally goes to bed at the same time of night. But the rest of it, like eating times and such he is not ready for.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I believe my son's schedule was on around 2 months - But I had to go back to work so it had to happen, I am not sure what your situation is, but if you think the schedule you have right now is working, just go naturally..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well i don't really have a routine per-say...she get's cold bottles all day cause thats what she likes and she gets hungry every three hours, she gets tummy time when she has a lot of energy, she gets a bath at night and when i want her to sleep for the night i wait til she's hungry and i'll give her a warm bottle and she'll sleep for 7 or 8 hours....thats our routine and by god it works
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I believe that six weeks is too young for a routine...I don't think I really put my kids on a routine until they were about 7-8 months.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• thank everyone for their answers
    anjmsmommie

Comment by anjmsmommie (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• he's too young for a routine. my son wasn't on a routine until he was six months old. because that's when he started sleeping well.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I didn't start getting my daughter on a routine until she was 3.5 months old.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My kids were all on a routine by the time we left the hospital. It makes my days a lot easier to plan - so I can run my errands or have my appointments when I knew they would be well fed and rested. I also think having a routine made them sleep through the night earlier - they all 5 slept through the night (at least 8 hours) by 2 months.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think you can put a baby on a routine at any age, as long as it works for your family and you are consistent.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010