Do you believe that people can't be unhappy forever?

I had alot of problems with my Husband, i run away and i lived in a shelter for womens but i came back to him, because i want my dd and the baby i have inside of me to have a family!
My husband he changed just a little bit.. but it's like i'm not happy and i'm not sure if im going to be happy. MaYbe i will die unhappy!
Nothing make me happy! anything! it's like i love my daughter and i love my baby... but i'm not happy with me.. is anyone pass through this?
My husband he control everything i do because since i run away one time with out daughter he now want to know where i'm going and this like that... i think is normal.. but i just don't feel happy!
and divorce is not an easy thing in my culture or at least in my family.. i tried to divorce but i had so so so much problems, my family wanted to kill me( my dad and his family) and anyway so make everything ok for everyone. what i can do to be more happy?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 4:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried counseling? I know that sounds like such a cliche answer, but talking to someone about how you feel can really help, even if it's just a pastor or similar figure. I am very sorry you feel this way - but I KNOW you can feel better. Have you tried taking time for yourself, going out and doing something just for you, etc? Even exercising more can make a difference; you'll give yourself more energy and self-esteem, and you'll feel more in control of your life. I hate giving these answers because I sound like I'm quoting from a self-help book. But I know these things can help, and you can definitely be happy!! GL mama :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I dont know what religion you are, but when I feel like that I talk to god,and find what I need to change in myself to be happier with myself, and my life. I dont know if there is any form of abuse in your marriage, but if there is your children dont need a family like that. If its just problems with the two of you just not being happy together, that can generally be worked out as long as both people are commited to eachother, and at least one is willing to do the work to change. I dont know what the problems are in your marriage or I might have more advice, but maybe you need to see your doctor about depression or something. It sounds like it could be that, or you just need to do something for yourself. And yes I do think its normal for him to ask you where your going if you took off before.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well first of all no one can make you happy except you. Your relationship can't be a good and happy and stable one until you love yourself. So since you say nothing makes you happy, I'd suggest finding something that does. Be creative, try everything. You will eventually find something that makes you happy and makes life more enjoyable and then build from there. Good luck.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 4:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Get educated for yourself find something you want to learn and do it. Take care of yourself even if its just fifteen minutes a day. Also sit down and and figure out what you want and work on it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Get counselling, you can request that at the shelter.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wow...
    it seems like your not happy at all! well my situation is different from yours and sometimes i feel that to! i think you should talk more with someone about what makes you unhappy and i think you probably have alot of reason ... i agree with everybody do something with your life, you probably have alot of things you like to do! so why don't you do it?! I think that because he is controlling your life you cannot do anything that you would enjoy! i understand that he maybe be afraid that you can run again with your daughter... witch country do you live? because who have alot of grammar mistakes like me.. i'm from portugal... if you need anything just add me.
    i wish you good luck to you and to your family!
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 8:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• wow
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 10:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sofiah,
    She is my friend and yes, she is from Portugal. She doesn't get on here very much but I hope she sends you a message.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• hi christyg do you know this girl? wow. how old is she?
    i don't see many people from portugal here so it's amazing to find one!
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 9:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2010