really low IQ or?

My son is in the 4th grade and can't do basic addition subtraction and I'm really worried about this. I did talk to the school and they said they would put him in a class were they will be working on a computer to learn. I'm concerned about this because it seems like a bad way of doing that,I would rather he had one on one help. Also I cant get any of my three kids to read books its becomes a fight all the time. I could use any suggestions that may be of help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son is in 4th grade also this year. Maybe you should make an appointment to meet with the counselor? My son is doing factoring and multiples in math. I could see how if he didn't have basic addition and subtraction down it could really hold him back at this point. Maybe they could get him a tutor or have some math programs in your school district that would benefit him?
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Have you asked the school to test him? My son was having a lot of trouble in Kindergarten and 1st grade. I finally demanded testing and my son is now part of the IEP at our school. He's in 6th grade and the school/teachers have helped a lot getting him where he needs to be, and figuring out the best ways to work with him to help him learn. He's now getting B's and C's in school and doing that on his own without the aid of the IEP teachers.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• let them know it not optional on readin books
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2010