Who thinks the Disney Channel is inappropriate for younger children?

Does anyone allow their child age 5 -8 to watch the disney channel? Is there another channel that you all watch?

socialworker227

Asked by socialworker227 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont have an issue with my kids watchimg it. The morning shows are mostly cartoons. My ydd is three so is not very interested in those shows and watche nick jr. when they come on. However my 6 does like them and if I dont like something I talk to her about it. I explain why I think it is inappropriate for her to see and usually she wil turn it off.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We only do PBS and Netflix. Disney Channel is too 'mature' for my taste and the commercials are too focused toward junk toys I don't care for either.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 9:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I, personally, will not allow my 3 year old to watch it.
    So she wont even be watching at that age.
    Sprout or Noggin is what I let her watch now.
    It's also about scheduling the certain shows you don't want them to watch.
    Like when Dora The Explorer comes on (due to the highly sexual toys they offer for young girls I dont let her watch Dora or spongebob Thanks Viacom) I do something else with her like coloring, helping me with dishes, reading or going outside.
    Alot of the kids shows now a days are 'more mature' in their humor like iCarly and such.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 5:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think Disney is great, but not for my 5 year old. It's really too mature for certain age groups.
    socialworker227

Comment by socialworker227 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes i agree 5-8 should not be encouraged to date & kissing boys..but we can control what our kids watch if not what they place on television
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• the Disney emblem has 3 6's in it. Creepy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Nick or Nick Jr
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

eye rolling

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• yes my kids have been able to watch disney for years. My youngest has been watching since she was born and she is six. She has a 9yr and 12yr older sibs.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• what happened to disney..I say that often! LOL We don't really watch it. My 5 yr old like nick jr..Sprout is what the 2 yr old watches and my son likes cartoon network but only certain shows like Bakugan and action figures type stuff. During the week there is limited tv time though but I never see anything good on Disney!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010