Does anyone use time share to travel and find it more economical?

I love using time share and wanted to know how other mom's and families vacation?

socialworker227

Asked by socialworker227 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Travel

• We have a timeshare/vacation club. We happen to love ours. We have taken so many vacations that we never would have taken if it wasn't for the vacation club. Aside from the initial investment (which was pricey) we NOW find it way more economical to travel this way. We pay less than $1500/year in fees and dues, but we get at least 4 or 5 weeks out of it. We go to the FL Keys every summer and stay at a lovely resort. The way we figure it , if we rented a condo we would pay at least $1500 for a week in the Keys alone. Most of the places we want to go are in our vacation club and if it wasn't we could swap. We are fortunate to have learned how to use our timeshare/vacation club the most effectively and I find that a lot of people don't know how to use theirs to their advantage and become unhappy. Ours friends have benefitted too because we often take friends with us in exchange for them paying for food.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• That is amazing that your family has taken full advantage of time share. My family has traveled all over the country and I can't wait to travel out of country next summer using my time share. We are planning on going to South America.
    socialworker227

Comment by socialworker227 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We want to be able to trade our timeshare and travel out of the country too, we are just waiting until the kids get a bit older so that we can all enjoy the experience.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2010