Biracial Daughter

Hi,

I have two kids who are biracial. One is a tw year old boy and one is a 4 week old daughter. I have always kept my son's hair rather short since it's pretty curly. Now that I have a daughter I am nervous about how her hair will end up and how I will manage it since I am a white woman and our hair will be very different. Any advice? Anyone else in this same situation and has over come it? Please no bashing. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can always learn! And besides that, you have no idea how it may turn out. My bff has a biracial daughter whose hair is thinner, straighter and smoother (naturally) than my caucasian daughters!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• you should get some help from other girls that are biracial and older or get some book on it. as a little girl i think it's really cute to let it grow and pouf out! get some spray on conditioner for mix hair though bc it can be hard to get a brush through. i wouldn't wash it too often, like twice a week and get dry shampoo for in between when she needs it. her hair might also change during puberty.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would start putting sheen in it right away learn to brade it and also use pantene on it I am biracial and my hair is a combination.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• it depends, wait and see. some biracial kids have tight curls, some have loose curls (my dd) and some hair is straight. wait and see. she's only 4 weeks old now.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i also have biracial kids, and myself is also bi racial. my dh is white and im black but look mixed and have mixed qualities. my son hes also 2 and a daughter who is 7wks, their hair texture with change as they get older. ur son has curly hair now-but the color/texture may change. and same with ur daughters hair..its more than likely it will be curly too-frizzy and curly lol.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Hi there! We just started a section on our website about mixed-race hair. Check us out if you want. We are a website that talks about mixed-race children and the issues we face as moms to these beautiful babes! www.mixedandhappy.com.
    mixedandhappy

Answer by mixedandhappy at 6:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010