When is the best time for me to try for the third child (at what age should my youngest be)?

I want my kids close together and would like to be done soon as I am 28 now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• completely your choice. my first was 22 months when my second was born... my second was 33 months when my third was born..... both were very well adjusted.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well it is all a personal preference. My third child is only 19 months younger than my other two....the first two are twins....and I love that age difference. Now I am currently expecting my fourth child, and my other ones will be 4, 4, and 3 when he is born...which makes me a little nervous to have such a bigger age difference. I like the closeness of the first three's ages, but nature had other plans as to when I had the fourth!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think its just personal preference, Im pregnant with my third and my second is 18 months, they will be like 26 months apart, for me that is just perfect. My first two were 21 months apart.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my boys are 2 yrs apart i wanted them close so they could grow up together n they have the two yr old follows his 4 yr old brother every were n is learning alot from him..so i think a 2 yr age difference is good..
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• for a healthy pregnancy you should wait at least 18mo to 2yrs between pregnancies(that would be 2 1/2 to 3yrs apart). That's how long it takes the body to fully recover. Having pregnancies too close together puts you at a higher risk of premature birth
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My children are almost exactly three years apart. It worked well because when the baby was born, the oldest was close to or fully potty trained and able to play independently at times when I would need to care for the baby. They are still close enough in age that they play well together!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010