9 day old baby boy help !

I can't seem to get it right I put his diaper on point 'it' down but still when he is laying down sleeping or just laying flat in his bed or bassinet he pees and it comes out the back of his diaper what am I doing wrong ???

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well fisrt,it's nothing your doing wrong..if you adjust his privates to either side slightlyand making sure all fastens aren't too tight but secure & u should be fine..also check the size for your sons wieght as well..Good luck,congrats & relax
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Try pulling the diaper closed a little tighter. Is there extra room around the leg? His diaper could be over all to big.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i always aimed my son's penis to the side

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• r u tucking the lil tabs on the side of the diaper on his sides also make sure u make it a lil snug not to tight but just snug to were its not to loose on his back or mayb he needs a size smaller.
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep! Make sure you loosen the side gathers so that they cup the leg and catch the pee.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Don't know if this would help I have only had a girl, but our ped. suggested velcroing the tabs in a v shape instead of straight across, I guess it makes it tighter to point the tabs down or something.
    tracie2t

Answer by tracie2t at 5:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Hmmmm.... since mr peepers ( IT ) is pointed down....maybe try placing the diaper on just a tad bit more snug.

NOT so snug it leaves little marks from being on tight......but perhaps it being just a bit more tight can help?

**Maybe another Momma has better advice...I have a 6 yr old son now....and I made the mistake in the beginning about not pointing Mr. Peeper down thinking I would hurt him....he got ME a few times back then and I would laugh and he would be like.. "Whats so funny Mommy!"

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• slip u're finger in around the legs to make the material come out a little to catch the urine. Diaper may also be too big or the brand just doesn't fit your son right. For example I love Huggies but their newborn diapers tend to run big and they never fit my kids in the early weeks. LUVS also never fit my kids. Pamper's fit but they cause my babies to rash.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would have to say, it sounds like he needs a bigger diaper. I get diapers a little bigger than what the box says for that reason. I also use the nighttime diapers for extra protection.
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 5:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• lol I've been thinking about trying preemie diapers instead cause all the clothes that fit are preemie I'll try making it a little more snug thanks for the answers I'm so lost with a boy lol my girls were simple lol !
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010