im having trouble with my mother in law and i think she dont like me very well. I confronted her about it but i think she lied to me. I also think she is having trust issues with me. what do i do about all of this?

I tried talking to my husband about it but he just got upset thinking i dont like her but i do like her.

dham

Asked by dham at 5:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You may want to move this question into the relationships section so that it will get more traffic & you will get more responses.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wish I could help, my MIL decided from the begining that I was beneath her notice and had literally treated me as tho I do not exist, and when forced to acknowledge me has responded with outright hatred. I did try a few times to be nice and social with her, but I finally had to accept it wasn't meant to be and just gave up. I'm not married to the inlaws, I'm married to her son who she's so used to manipulating like a little puppet that she can't stand not having that control anymore and it eats her up.

So all I can say is that I know it isn't personal. She's never taken the time to get to know me, so I know she can't really hate ME, it would have been ANY woman who took her pupper...err SON away from her sphere of control.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Always remain mature and approachable. If you have an issue, make sure the way you "confront" the situation is not negative. As a suggestion...Maybe the two of you need to spend time together outside of your normal element. Have girls day out and clear the air in a relaxing setting. My mother-in-law passed away nine months before my hubby and I got married. I long for that relationship, so don't take it for granted!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• mother inlaws are pains in the butt believe me theres really nothing u can do but move on dont put to much in it love ur husband and only talk to her if u have to stop going out of ur way to make her like u
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 5:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Girl live your life, forget about a snooty mother-in-law who probably always had issues with every woman her son ever been with. Let me give you a piece of advice on mama boys. You'll never get in the way of a mom and her son, you'll never win that battle. Love your husband, have a good life with him, and forget about her. Stop trying to please her. You ever seen the movie monster-in law? There you go!!!!!!!!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Just go on about your business. Be polite and kind and let her think and do as she likes.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 1:00 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree be nice when you have too and dont worry bout the rest. You married her son not her so dont focus all that much on her messy self. Talkin to dh bout it wont change nuthin guys never see the dirt their mommas do.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010