Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well a few months ago

my mom lost her temper so much so she hit me in my eye. now mind you she has huge rings on almost every finger ugh. I don't wear much jewelery and do not really like it from watching her as i was growing up. but apparently she must of did damage to my eye. i get pain in it all the time now, and i got a huge whitish clear deal inside of my eye on the eyeball. so now i got to go to the eye dr to find out how much damage was done to it. She realized what she done and could not bear to look at me the whole time my eye was black and blue. i am totally freaking out. it is also causing me vision trouble. I am not sure what it is. i am so afraid to find out. Any ideas on how to calm myself?


Asked by sherryb1273 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

Level 17 (3,696 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Please see eye specialist as soon as you can.

    Now, regarding your Mother....Im not sure of your situation....but when you DO see her...tell her point blank that you are seeing a doctor to find out that damage she has done being you are having vision problems now........and say...being you could not look me in the eye when you made it black and blue.......I hope you will be able to LOOK at the bill, as I am sending it to you..........

    And then stay away from her. I pray your eye will be fine as well .

    Just relax... do some deep breathing exercises before your appointment.

    I wish you well! Take care! PLEASE see a eye doctor as soon as you can!


    Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • You have to find out. You can pray to calm yourself

    Answer by mekarevell at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • I can't even finish reading this but from the start of it... go to the eye doctor.

    Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • i would go find out n throw the bill in ring infested hands n make her pay for the damages

    Answer by sandi_361 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • Oh wow. hopefully no permanent damage done. Make her pay for it. Then stay away from her.

    Answer by MissAlisabeth at 6:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • It could jsut be temporary or not.. only your eye doctor can tell you.

    About the situation with your mother however, if this isn't the first time, I'd definitely report this.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

  • Well, some of your symptoms sound like a scratched cornea. The only symptom it didn't mention was the milky stuff, and that could be from an infection. So, yeah, I would say DEFINTAELY get to your eye doctor! For more on a scratched cornea, look here.

    As for your mother, I wold definately make her pay for at least your visit, Also, your doctor may turn her in for assault. By law, most doctors are required to turn it in if they have information on things like that.

    To calm yourself, all I can suggest is maybe some meditation? Not sure if you do that, but if you want to, you can PM me and I would be happy to help you with some techniques.



    Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010