Do you answer questions when you don't fall in to the category of person being asked?

I mean, if someone is asking advice on Breastfeeding, and you never breastfed, do you still answer the question? Or if someone clearly states, I'm asking people who do "THIS" what their opinion is and you don't do whatever that thing is, do you still answer just to put in your two cents or push your beliefs?

If so, what's the point? Why make yourself look nasty just say you answered?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I want to know their answers to this. Because I hate that. Especially when you put 'This is not a debate, if you don't do this (whatever it pertains to) don't start drama.'
    Just like the 'Over the knee' question.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I answer catagories that I am not in anymore, like a breastfeeding question, since I have breastfed, or a baby question, since I have been there, but no not for like the teenage questions, cause I have no idea, or any of the other ones that I dont fit into.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you do not want unsolicited advice, then there are specific groups for specific issues here. They are created for women with like minds and/or interests. Questions asked in specific groups will get the answers you are particularly asking for. This here is a public forum so you will receive answers in an array of points of view. So individuals who ONLY want specific people to answer regarding an issue should ask in a specific forum/group & not jump on and attack unsolicited answers because that is not the answer they are looking for to justify themselves. That makes YOU look nasty, sorry, gotta go....
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Because I can.

Answer by louise2 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no, but sometimes i will bump the question so it can get responses.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If someone request only from so and so and I don't fall into it than I don't answer, I do like reading them though in case I end up with that question one day.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It depends on the question. Usually, no, unless it's a topic I know something about and the asker is receiving poor or dangerous advice. Then I will cut in with safe, proven info.

You see a lot of dangerous info out there especially with formula feeding. People rely on what their parents say and do things like put cereal in the baby's bottle at two weeks, then pass on the bad habits to strangers online. So while I've never formula fed, I will speak up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do not answer those questions. It does seem kind of pointless. And it does drive me nuts when people answer my questions with answers they obviously know nothing about.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No, I don't, unless I have personal experience in something or have been educated in it/studied it, I don't feel like I would have anything useful to offer.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If I have a relevant answer then I will answer. It isn't up to someone else to decide who is allowed to answer which questions
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010