Is he serious?

We asked my nephew if he was in the closet because of how he acts. he said no i don't do that anymore. we were like what? he was like i have not stolen anything out of the closet in a few months O.O so we asked him if he knew what it meant and he said No. We were trying to get him to open up to us. Because what we are seeing indicates he is < but he is so afraid because of his dad we think he is scared to tell anyone. We did sit down and explain what it meant and that he has us to help him through anything. Any one else know how we can help him? no bashers. we love our nephew no matter what and want to help him especially when he tells his dad.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I really don't think there is anything you can do. That is his choice and he will talk when he's ready. But, at least you let him know you were there for him.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wouldnt do anything, I think its great that he knows he has somewhere to go when he is ready to talk about it, that is if he actually is.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He has to be emotionally ready to deal with who he is, you let him know you are there for him when he does, let it be until he is ready.

Answer by older at 6:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He has to do that. Tell his parents. I think you should just leave it alone.

Answer by louise2 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• although you care it's really not your place - the best thing you can do is tell him you are there for him... and the convo you say you had sounds good... but trying to get him to tell You first isn't going to pay out well... he has to fight through a lot of stuff before he comes to terms with himself. How old is the child? it can take years... but he should remember what you have said and it should have an impact on quite abit more then you realize.

so yea don't push it... you planted a seed... and if he has questions or wants to talk to someone in the family he will go to someone who he knows will be there.. you
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think you should just let him know you are there for him and then let him lead his own way out of the closet.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010