At what time do you transition your newborn from the bassinet to the crib?

My son is 2 1/2 mo, weighs about 11 lbs and is 23in long? The label says by 3 months!!!!

sledgesmom28

Asked by sledgesmom28 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• About 3 months, she could have stayed in it much longer though
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I did around 6 weeks... maybe... lol, I don't remember really but I did it because I walked in to check on her and her foot was sticking out so I though, TIME! haha
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my daughter is 7 weeks and at night she sleeps in her bassinet and during the day she naps in her crib, her doctor said its fine but dont fully have her stay in her crib until about 6 months
    Infantrywife645

Answer by Infantrywife645 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think that 6 mon is a great time 2 start.. I did that with my son & he was ok w/his bed by time 9mon came around
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would follow the label on your bassinet though, it's there for a reason.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Follow the label. It is there for a reason.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my daughter is 9 weeks and i switched her a lil over a week ago...it was much rougher on me than it was for her...but she loves her crib and sleeps MUCH better in there...she is now sleeping 5 or 6 hours straight...in her bassinett she was restless...she is also 23.5 inches long so she was getting a bit too big for it...we have a nighttime routine and she goes down between 8:30 and 9 and doesnt even have to be asleep when i put her in it, just drowsy...but ive made it a point to always put her down drowsy so she has learned how to put herself to sleep...its sad to see them grow to the next stage but it has allowed me to get some much needed rest! except for the first night, i was a MESS!! I missed her so much but now i look forward to ME time after she is asleep.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'd go by how big your baby is and how much he/she can do. My son is 4 months and I plan to move him soon because hes getting very mobile he tries to sit up out of his swing,car seat,bouncy seat and can sit alone for a short time
    Angelknot8

Answer by Angelknot8 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it's more about when you're comfortable. My son was like 2 months.
    Ashley2389

Answer by Ashley2389 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I did at about 4 months.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010