Need all the info. I can get on this! PLEASE READ!

Well thanks to god I am fortunate to be able to have babies. I have one son and already I want another one. I love the way it feels to be pregnant but at the same time I have always wanted to adopt. I love kids. I do not want a newborn though. I want to make a difference to a boy or a girl that have been waiting for a mommy and daddy for a long time. I dont know if they'll want a 21 year old mommy and a 24 year old daddy.... we are young... but we want to adopt a kid that needs the love that we can give. It will surely fill my heart to make a big difference in a child's or even a teenagers life. What do you girls think? Am I thinking crazy? What do I need to do or is it very expensive to adopt? I need all the info i can get on this. THANKS SO MUCH for reading. :)

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 1:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Adoption

• I think your young. There are different guideline's for every adoption agency and pricing. Think this through your both still just starting.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Adopting from the foster system is usually free. The agency should pay all of the legal costs. You are young, but it is more about maturity than age. Do a TON of research, ask other foster parents for advice, and realize that you are not going to get a happy kid. The kid is not going to even like you for a while. (Think a year or more) I am in the process of adopting my three oldest children. And after all we have been through (which has been more than you can imagine) it is worth it. They are amazing kids, and are worth all the work and frustration we have and will be going through.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 1:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I applied to be an adoptive parent with the state when i was 25. One girl we were interested in was 10 years old, and we were afraid we weren't old enough, but the social worker said it was ok. We didn't get her, but did get twin babies which was really amazing since mostly the kids are older. You could check with the state and see. They have certain age requirements. What about being a foster parent?
    Malley

Answer by Malley at 1:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• No way are you crazy! Well, maybe crazy in a good way! LOL I love hearing when adoption is not a last resort choice! Giving a child that needs a family that very thing is one of the most rewarding, beautiful blessings that life has to offer - all the way around!!!! Go for it!
    If you want more info, come check us out at Adoption Beauty Marked (a group here on cafemom). We have moms that have adopted from foster, international, and domestic private. The group is full of info and insight.
    joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 11:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• about your age! Young is not a bad thing. One of my best friends is only 28 and has adopted eight children (going on 11 - from foster care).
    joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• What a good thing you would be able to give a child who needs someone to love them unconditionally. You and your husband are good people. :)
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Why don't you look into trying to be a foster parent first. They provide training and it might give you some insights.

It's great you have such a big heart.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 5:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You are definitely not too young to adopt. My husband and I were on the opposite end. We were both 42 when we adopted our girls. They were 6 and 8. It is a wonderful thing to adopt older kids, but please go into it educated. There are whole different issues with older kids. They come with a lot of issues....not to scare you. ALL issues can be resolved and you can be a very important piece in facilitating that. I just want you to be prepared for tough times. They are worth it.
    cmroll

Answer by cmroll at 3:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I have been doing alot of research and yes... older kids tend to have more issues... but that is why my husband and I want to be there for. I have been with my husband for a little over 2 years and we've discussed it before and he wants to do it but when we are financially stable. .. which will be in a year or two. :( ...I guess it is for the best .. I want to be able to provide both of my babies. Thats gives me time to actually know what i'm doing. I am just excited.. can't wait until i start the process.
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 2:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• u can try calling around and see what age u have to be to adoption and also the brithmom and dad would have to kuow your age and by u been so young u might have a hard time but make some calls u would have to go thew a lot of stuff i was goning to pace my son 4 adoption but i chance my mind at the last minuture but the agency i was worcking with thld me that people who want to adoption have to get finger printed have homestudy backaround checks yall would have to go thew a lot good luck to u
    milla1981

Answer by milla1981 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008