my cats eye is weelping

ive a tom who likes to explore, I live in a quiet area so that doesnt worry me but last nite he came home with a watery eye, its not closed but he seems really sleepy and off everything well except his food. shud I be worried? my local vet is a pain to get an appointment with.

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 5:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pets

• I meant weeping ha
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My cats has done this also. Probably an eye infection. He will likely need to see a vet and get medication or it will get worse. You may be able to give it a couple days to see if it improves on it's own. If not take him in. Severe infections risk losing their eyesight!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Ive ben cleaning it but he just doesnt seem himself. ben sleeping all day, usually his hyper out trying to escape or trying to get someone to play with him. vet it is I think even if it means barging it.. the vets around here are more farm animal vets..
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He could have an ulcer on his eye or it could be conjuntivitis either way he should be seen by a vet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have worked in animal hospitals for 6 years. (2 years in the emergency field) My cat sometimes has kinda of a watery eye every now and then. Found out she has Herpes in that. Not really dangerous. I just wipe it and let it be. Goes away in about a day. Vet said not much you can do about it. Is the eye swollen? Any fluid coming from it? If so what color? Any smell?
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 7:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• XdollskinX My cat had the same issue I worked at a vets office myself and L-lysine actually works well for that sort of thing.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• okay thanks KyliesMom5 =)
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 2:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• srry to hear it gl here's a bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2010