What do you do when you are fighting for custody of your step kids and they keep sending text messages to the opposite parent saying they never want to see you again???

NatesMom1017

Asked by NatesMom1017 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Your not the true parent, I don't know how it work's but I think the parent make's the choice. Unless it's an unfit parent but I think you should help the kid's keep an open mind just in case.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• So you are fighting for your step kids but they don't want to live with you? I'd stop fighting.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I bet there is alot more to this issue than this. Things we don't know about. I don't think we can say to continue or to stop fighting for them. Just not enough back ground.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• let them know that you realy want this by continuing to fight for them - there is a lack of background but if you realy truly love them then make sure they know it by not giving up!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Maybe they really want to be with you but don't want the other parent to feel like they don't love them. I do not have enough information to really try to help you with this.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 12:37 AM on Nov. 18, 2008