My fiance is in the navy soon leaving for basic, We plan to get married when he comes back, people tell me its best if we get married now so i can be on his orders, But he tells me he signed a contract saying no marriage or kids till after basic, Is there really a contract like that?

tammygal12209

Asked by tammygal12209 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• yep dh and i had to wait till after boot camp
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Not sure, I think there are military wives on some of the sites here, just group search military and you should be able to find wives that can answer this. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 6:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• as far as i know there is no contract saying that but me & my husband were married before he joined the army but honestly the best thing to do is get married before he goes, you will get your bah(housing allowence) and get more pay for being married & separeted from his spouce, you guys should really rethink it
    Infantrywife645

Answer by Infantrywife645 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I really don't think it matters, but my dh was in the army. He came back from Korea and was to report to Ft Bragg on a Friday. We got married that week and I just went with him. He showed up to report and just told them hey I got married on leave, my wife is with me. They had to accomadate. We stayed in the post hotel until we found an apartment. In your situation i don't think it would matter if it was before or after because it's not like you can go to basic with him :). But my dh's orders when he was single or married, didn't have me on them anyway.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 6:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Your family situation cannot change from the time you sign up until you're through training. I remember that from when DH was in the process of signing up for the Air Force. They told him if we were to get pregnant or anything else he'd be dropped (ended up getting dropped anyway, cause of a stupid tattoo rule they implemented after he was DEP'd in....)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• he cannot enter another contract (marriage) untill after boot camp if he does he could be punished
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it has to do with dependants. If he told them that he doesnt have any dependants when he joined he can not change his status until after boot camp. I could be wrong though. Hubby and I didnt get married until he was in the military for a year.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think so
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think so .......
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 10:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010