How can I become a stronger person? Any problems with dh get me very depress and have no motivation for anything?

How do you handle situations when things are going wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• You process the problem and figure out a solution. Use the negative energy from the depression to figure it all out. Problems are merely opportunities to find creative ways to make things better.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have this issue. I honestly have started to believe that there is a much bigger picture than I have seen. I am a happy person never depressed on my own but he can make me very depressed. I think he has some traits of an emotional abuser and I never allowed myself to see it before. Google emotional abuse. I was astonished when I did so yesterday and I read the list of signs and results for a woman. I have always blamed myself for everything. It has been a heavy burden to bear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i would love to know the answer...i've stayed in many relationships for way too long because i doubted myself and felt i had to be with a man all the time to be happy. as much as i love my SO there are even times now that i feel like im selling myself short by allowing him to treat me the way he does at times. i think if i were stronger i would leave rather than exposing myself to the pain.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010