my soon to be 4 yr old in decemeber booster seats?

she is wanting a princess one but the only princess one i can find has no back.and also does she have to be 4 and 40 lbs or just one or the other.i know my niece she is only 3 and is already in a booster seat with a back .walmart does have a back booster and says 30=100 lbs im so lost i thought they had to be 4yrs and 40lbs?

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 6:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A child needs to be in a booster seat until they are 54" tall or 60 or 70 lbs. Please don't skimp on the safety of your child. So many people are in a hurry to get them out of the seats and just into the belts. Here is a thing on youtube, it convinced me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• not meaning a seat belt when to get her into a booster seat she will be 4 soon and they are on sale so i thought about just buying one to have it put back but dont know what kinda is best the back ones or backless
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my son was 31/2 and in a no back booster just check the weight requirements for them and height should be on the box
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My carseat says 30 pounds to use a seat belt and the backless ones by cosco start at 30 pounds and my nephew was in a booster like that earlier then i thought.

They just changed the laws about when a child doesn't need a booster seat anymore. I don't know if they vary from state to state though
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Here is another that shows the difference between a regular booster seat and a 5 pt. one. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=V2kO8AxKbrM&feature=related
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think it is just safer to keep little kids in the 5 point for as long as they fit in the weight and height limits, just because they can ride in a booster doesn't mean they should. Anyway, they have to meet all the requirements - age 4 and 40 Lbs, not just one or the other.

Sparrow4

Answer by Sparrow4 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my daughter is 29 pounds but I will use the seat belt once she is too tall for the 5 point but i don't think that will be much longer but i want to wait until she's 3 this winter because she is very tall for age. She is as tall as the average 3 1/2 year old...dr told me that last week

Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• They can go into a booster seat when they are 40 lbs. not just 4. They have to be 40 lbs. The youtube I sent was about a little boy in the wrong kind of booster seat.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• They should be at least 4 and 40 lbs and also be in a seat that fits them correctly. The belt should go around the hips, not ride high on the belly and over the shoulder without slipping off or touching the neck. She should also be able to sit still without fidgeting or messing with the belt for the entire car ride. I have a Graco Nautilus for my soon to be 4 year old, they come in several cute girly patterns and you can harness up to 65lbs. It also turns into a high back booster and then a backless. Every child will not fit correctly in every booster so make sure you try it out before you buy. Babies r us is a good place to do this because they will let you take the seat to your car to see how it fits.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ok so if a booster is teh best for when they become to big for their carseat what can they go into theyres so much crap to know on this carseat deal idk what to do.my 3 yr old is in the carseat that they go into when they turn 1 idk what they are called.if i ask the doctor well seh be able to tell me.
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010