my ears are plugged, help

I have a cold and my ears are totally plugged, what can i do to unplug them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

• Since warm/hot tea helps colds drink that, the swallowing motion helps. Same if you want to chew gum but I don't like anything when I have a cold.
    If it's real bad you can plug your nose and one ear, close your mouth and "push" out air. Since it has no place to go your ear will pop, than do the other side. That is only temperary though so them popping on their own is the only way. Like I said, the chewing or swallowing motion will help the fastest.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 6:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If it's was drainage plugging them, you can be an earwax build up kit, or you can use hydrogen peroxide to help clean the wax out of your ears. Just put a small amount in the cap of the bottle, or a clean eye dropper, tilt your head to the side, drop the peroxide into your ear, let it slowly drain into your ear, then tilt your head to the side and let it drain out. You may have to do this a few times to unclog the wax. Don't be alarmed if you feel a little dizzy when you do this. Or your doctor can clean your ears out for your. It's quick and painless.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• rub down with some vick rub, or try a hot steam filled shower
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010