uniforms or none...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 6:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in

• I think all schools, even public schools, should have a uniform dress code which is strictly (not selectively) enforced. For instance, shirts with collars in solid colors, no t-shirt or tank tops or spaghetti strap shirts, pants that do not hang below the top of the shoe, probably khaki or navy blue or black pants, skirts that are no shorter than 2 inches above the knee, etc. Doesn't have to be official school uniforms, like with the school name on it or anything, but children (even up to and including high school) need to learn to dress decently and not be a distraction to the learning of the students around them.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Uniforms are great. It can be tough trying to keep up with all the changing fashions and fades and expensive, too expensive for some.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• uniforms
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• uniforms
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If it's a private school i understand uniforms but public schools don't need uniforms. My public high school tried that when i was there and it didn't work.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• None. I would never put my kids in a school with uniforms. To me, uniforms are very communistic... This idea that everyone should be identical because those in control are to afraid of diversity disgusts me! Personal expression is a blessing not a curse and should be a simply accepted part of life, not something we try to squash while the kids are young so they don't branch out and think for themselves as adults...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I hate uniforms. However, for the sake of my children's education, I have enrolled them in a school that has them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i love the uniforms it makes it so equal and so relaxing to get them there back to school outfits...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No uniforms in my ds's schools and I am glad. I think clothing is a form of self-expression, I'm glad he doesn't have to "MOOve" along with the crowd like cattle.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Uniforms! Lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve them!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010