If you are a SAHM

how often do you actually STAY AT HOME all day?

My DD is home schooled & part of our routine is to get in some outside activity, whether it be going to the park, going the museum, to the pool/beach, a play date, etc. Even in the winter time, we do something outside the house. I could not imagine staying in doors ALL DAY. I would go crazy. The only time we stay in all day is if either one of us is sick.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We used to make it a priority to get out at least once a day for walks, grocery shopping, etc. That has become a little more difficult now that (a) we no longer have a car, (b) the weather has gotten nasty. I'd say right now we stay home all day about 4 days out of the week...which is torture!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have no car, so I stay home a lot, but I walk somewhere most days.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Me--all the time.  My kids walk themselves to and from the bus stop so there's no reason for me to go out any more.  I just chill at home with my 4yo and 2mo.  When my husband has days off we usually do the shopping and run errands (that's 2 days a week).  I don't have a car so the rest of the time I'm usually at home.  I was much busier over the summer while I was pregnant.  With my husband living in another state and no car I had to walk to and from the grocery store every other day and take the bus to doctor appts every week.

I'm enjoying not having anything to do.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Very rarely are we in the house all day. At the very least, we go shopping. We go out to lunch, to parks, to museum, etc. We also visit my parents a lot, which my son loves.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm usually all day in the house. My car is not in the greates condition to explore Fl with it. Maybe when I get my new car in January I can go out with the kids more often.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 6:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Looking at this month's calender, I have only one day on it without something planned. We have martial arts five times a week, and now the kids are taking swim four times a week. I also have several appointments (accountant, doctor, etc). I would actually love to have just one day when we're not running all over the place, just to catch up on stuff at home.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't actually stay HOME all day, I get out and take the kids to school, pick them up from school, and take them to soccer practices Monday and Wednesday nights. During the day, there are days I'm home ALL DAY doing chores/cooking/etc. Then there are days I run errands while all the kids are in school. last year when DD went half day, we would sometimes stop at the park on the way home when I walked to get her, and sometimes we would go out and run errands together after class. I do enjoy my nice days at home though when I don't HAVE to get out lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Since our 3 are all in school I pretty much can do what I want... Some days I have errands to run, Dr's appts, etc, but at least 2 days/week I stay home all day. I clean, sleep, watch TV, cut grass, like I said whatever I want. I feel I earn some down time, with 3 boys, and 3 dogs, and Hubby gone a month at a time working... I don't mind having a quiet house, all to myself, it's nice for a change.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Pretty much every day. I don't drive, and there's really nowhere to walk to nearby. So unless we're going out grocery shopping or something (which only happens every week or two), we're at home.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I stay home for the most part but my kids and I go out and play with the other kids around us. I don't go to parks or anything unless i have a friend with me because my daughter doesn't ever want to leave and with my 14 month old it gets hard sometimes
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010