do you let your kids?

play outside in the rain? If you do, do you bundle them up?

Me, I let DD play outside in the rain. I make her put on a light jacket so she stays warm, but other than that, she can go as she pleases. I don't let her play out there long, maybe 10-15 minutes & not if its pouring. When we come inside, we have hot chocolate. We love it

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sure! Hey, we're Oregonians...rain is a part of life, right? Haha. If my kids want to play in the rain, I'm all for it. It's difficult around our apartment complex because it's full of walkways/stairs that get mossy and slippery. But any time they're at grandma and grandpa's house, I encourage them to play outside no matter the weather. I think it's good to teach them that they can have fun in any weather.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Nope. When it rains here it rains with thunderstorm.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 6:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Oh I forgot to add that yes, I bundle them up first. :) :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Of course! My son loves to get soaked and jump in puddles!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I grew up in the country and used to bolt outside into the rain. My mom never made me cover up and I didn't get hurt. Unless it's thunderstormin' she wont go outside but other than that heck yeah. Until she gets cold, that's when she'll come in.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 6:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• They go out and play and dress appropriately and if it raining to hard or too cold out they stay in.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We're outside New Orleans, so the boys get to play in the rain in shorts and t-shirts as long as there is no thunder or lightning. Nothing is better than jumping into puddles. They LOVE it!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Not at this age, but when my son is older, I'll definitely let him occasionally.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If there's Thunder and Lightening then no, otherwise as long as it's warm they can. As for when it's cool out and raining, no, when your body temp drops, your resistence drops, and you can easily get sick. When our middle son gets sick his asthma acts up, then I end up treating him with the nebulizer, and then sending it to school with him....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I let my daughters both play outside in the rain, and now I let my grandkids play in the rain. One of my fondest memories is stomping up and down the gutters during a rainshower with my grandson. I had so much fun, and I know he'll remember it forever. Live it up, they're only young once!!
    fdlf1967

Answer by fdlf1967 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010