Do you think I am right?

About 2 weeks going I contract my son father on myspace about help since I lost my job. He give me his number and said he wanted to see James.I called him Labor day but he was busy.He did call back the next day at night.We talk a long time and said he wanted to make sure James was his.Thursday the 9th I call him on James birthday and asked him if he wanted to see James.He said yeah and told him to call back with the time he was comin over.I was going to tell my parents he was comin over but chicken out end up tellin my sister and she told them.My mom and sister told how they didn't like it.Thought he don't need to be around after 2 years.He didn't come thursday but he did show up today while my mom went to the store,my dad was at work and my sister was at work.Do you think I am right to try to get James and his father together after two years of not seein each other?

Firsttimemom252

Asked by Firsttimemom252 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• i think it depends on what kind of man he is. why he was not there for 2 years. but i do think it's a good idea for your son to have his father if he is going to really be there and not just in and out.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I definitely think it's important for them to be together..., but the situation is sad and his dad may have some explaining to do.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Hard to know, only you know why he wasn't around for 2 years. Is it in the best interest of James?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Get him his paternity test and make him pay child support!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If he is not paying child support. I do not think he should be able to see him. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• As long as he starts taking responsibility and helps you out like paying for things and helps take care of him then he should see his son. However if he is not going to stay around and makes up excuses and doesn't show up for him then no.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would say no becouse you are going to get you son confused he is going to why these man keep coming around him and you dont want your son to be disapoint like you were. think his dad is coming back but does show up one for him to see him.
    march3-2011

Answer by march3-2011 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• thanks yall...him back being there for 2 years is both on our part.I didn't think he really wanted to be in James left so I didn't contract him that much that I should of have and he didn't contract me cause he wasn't sure if he was the father.No he doesn't pay child support and told me if James was his he would make up for the two years.When he came and saw James today he couldn't believe his eyes.He couldn't take his eyes off of James.said he looked like him.I am really hopin he calls tuesday or wednesday
    Firsttimemom252

Comment by Firsttimemom252 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Contact, not contract. You didn't contact him. Leave out the 'r'.

Sorry, it's irritating me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think every child needs a father in their lives, so if he's not a danger to him, or a bad influence he should spend time with the child, the past is the past, now is what counts and your child deserves a father,your feelings and your families feeling need to be put aside for your son's sake, especially if your son loves his father and wants to see him. Good Luck.

mom-de-uno

Answer by mom-de-uno at 10:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010