What is going on??

I am 32 weeks today and I am so exhausted. Which I understand this is normal with pregnancy. But when I say exhausted I mean I cant even stay awake all I want to do is sleep. I have to force myself to stay awake to spend time with DH before he goes to work. Maybe I'm coming down with a cold or something. Ive had an unbearable headache for the past few days and my belly hurts so back. Like cramping achy hurts. I fear that Im not going to know what real contractions feel like. I have tightening of my belly and back pain along with it. Maybe Im just going crazy Ill wait till Tuesday when I go to the doctor I guess. Anyone have any advice???

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hang in there! I think the last month or two of pregnancy is always the toughest/longest. Sounds pretty normal to me, and don't worry, you most likely will know when it is the real thing! Just nap and get sleep whenever you can. In my opinion, you get more rest AFTER the baby comes! Between the aches, pains, and full bladder every hour, I was up all night long. Once the baby is here, you will be able to sleep a minimum of two hours at a time! That is heaven compared to the last month of pregnancy! :D You are nearing the end and your body is just getting ready! Congratulations
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Oh boy, isn't that exhaustion fun?? :( :( :( Don't worry hun, your body is telling you it needs lots of rest. Baby is growing like crazy at this stage and it's not uncommon to have days where you don't feel like moving at all! Try to rest while you can. You are probably also having some Braxton-Hicks contractions, which explains the tightening in your belly. GL, hang in there!! You're so close!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• As a Registered Nurse I an a little concerned. Yes it is normal to be tired during the last few months of pregnancy and sometimes in the beginning but your exhaustion seems to be a bit much especially with the pains you are having. I would just call the doctor's office to explain what's going on. You don't want to take any chances. I wish you well with the rest of your pregnancy. Keep me informed :) Katherine
    ksullivan

Answer by ksullivan at 7:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Lol. The joys of pregnancy and motherhood. Perfectly normal. Sounds like you are having Braxton-Hicks contractions aswell. Just stick it out
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010