Flying...and I've got a Q :)

So, here soon, my 17mon old son and I are flying from our home state, MI to SC to see some family. I have never flown with my children. How have you mothers made this happen...and stress free? And what are some things that I should def not leave behind? Thanks ladies! :)

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 6:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Books! Quiet toys! A little DVD player with headphones! Lots of little snacks! :) If he has any comfort toys (a stuffed animal, blankie, sippy cup, whatever) that you want close at hand, put it in the outside pocket of a carry-on that fits easily under the seat. That way you won't be scrambling to get out and into the overhead compartment if he gets upset. Don't worry, he'll probably be standing on your lap or peering between the seats, babbling to the other passengers and keeping everyone plenty entertained! LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Time to "splurge" on anything you might not normally give your child... Portable DVD players, electronic games, their absolute favorite food that you might not normally give them and coloring books with their favorite characters...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:00 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We just brought our 2yr old DS on a plane for the first time this summer. I packed plenty of snacks,vanilla wafers, goldfish, grapes,and juice. I also brought a DVD player with his favorite movies, coloring books, colors, books, little cars... anything to keep him occupied while in his seat. He was a little scared when we first boarded the plane , but calmed right down when he got into his car seat, I think it was that is was familliar. Oh, when you buckle in the car seat do it with the seat belt clasp upside down, if not it's very hard to get your hand in and undo the buckle. Good luck and have a great trip!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We took my DD to MD back in June and wrapped a few of her toys with wrapping paper. I left one side untaped so they could look at it going through security if needed. She did great but those 'gifts' were nice to pull out of the carry one when we got delayed on the plane for over an hour because of a thunderstorm. GL!!
    anglgrl03

Answer by anglgrl03 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010