Can you use the Munchkin JellyBean Sling on a newborn that is almost 2 months old?

I am having a difficult time trying to use this product. My fiance, and his mom have no problem using it, but it seems different when I try to use it. I am built bigger than my fiance (and his mom). She seems very squished and uncomfortable when I do it. Do you think it has something to do with my weight, or are there some tips for me to make her more comfortable??

XdollskinX

Asked by XdollskinX at 7:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't like any of those kind of things, after i saw a recall for a similar products. the babies suffocated =[ I know that doesn't answer your question, haha. why do you want to use, like what you trying to do with her in it. Shop, clean?
    twohearts0810

Answer by twohearts0810 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Trying to do anything!! lol. She constantly wants to be held at this point. Mostly cleaning though. And sometimes shopping. Yeah found a brand online that has been recalled. This brand hasn't been recalled. (Although it still worries me) Which is why I want to make sure she is comfortable and that I am not putting her at risk. =/
    XdollskinX

Comment by XdollskinX (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Those kind of slings are sized, so if they are smaller than you, you need a bigger size. The size makes all the difference. It can still take some time to learn how to use it and get comfortable. Look at wraps and ring slings as well, you might like one of those styles better.

And these slings aren't dangerous with proper use. The ones that were recalled were "bag" slings and dangerous by design. Pouch slings are quite safe when you follow the safety tips.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'd agree with maybe finding another size for you. Have you tried to soothe her other ways thou? I know its hard with a clingy crying baby to do anything( my daughter was like this). I started putting her in the bounce and just having her in the same room as me. she knew mommy was there so she didnt feel alone., and for the holding she cuddled a blanket.
    twohearts0810

Answer by twohearts0810 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yeah, she enjoyed her swing for awhile, but now only likes to be in it AFTER you have gotten her into "sleepy mode". Doesn't like her bassinet unless its night time (weird). You put her down anywhere and she cries, but the second you pick her up, she passes out. (Like a brat, lol)
    XdollskinX

Comment by XdollskinX (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Try another brand of sling. seven slings (http://www.sevenslings.com/) is sized and might work out better for you.  I use a sling with my dd and have since she was a newborn, but it was made for me so it fits well.  It is the same style as the seven sling, and can be used the same way.  Check out the website and sign up for their email list and you can get one for free, all you have to pay is shipping.  They also have instructions that are really helpful.

rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Also, with any baby, make sure their chin is not on their chest and you can see her face at all times. That will ensure that her breathing is not obstructed.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010