heading to L&D soon and i cant sleep!

my alarm is set to go off in 4 1/2 hours and im supposed to be getting up at that time to get rdy to head to the hospital and be induced! but i cant sleep! i was laying down hours ago,thought i was gonna go to sleep,then my DH annoyed me and we started bickering at each other. then that turned into arguing. i was gonna sleep in the other room but didnt want our last night alone to be apart so i went back in there and layed down. was gonna try to sleep again then DH says sorry and we ended up having sex(TMI sorry) now hes in bed snoring and im sitting here wide awake!

the doc said as soon as i get to the hospital in the morn they r gonna hook up an IV then break my water and start contractions

anyone whos been induced b4.....do the contractions start out really strong or smaller then work there way up?
will i be able to get any rest in the begining?

doosti

Asked by doosti at 1:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• id sleep now.....goodluck
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Not really hon. The labor takes longer when you are induced, at least with most women.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Once they broke my water it sped along pretty quickly and the contractions get more intense. I've been induced both times and in the early portion I was on an IV and they put a "softener" on to ripen my cervix. My water wasn't broken until hours later. I couldn't sleep, mind you, too exciting! Typically the contractions at first are not the *big* ones you get later. But that does depend on your hospital, how much pitocin you're getting, etc. I was able to chat and chill out for hours before anything really life changing happened. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• oh honey, they are gonna use pitocin. I feel for you! that stuff make it hurt 10X worse! good luck! the epi will be your best friend!!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Good luck and maybe listen to some music to relax your nerves and shut your eyes even if you do not sleep.
    Also love your shirt in the picture of the ultrasound picture of your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i was induced and delivered in 7 hours so its depends on you but i would try to get some sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I would sleep now. 20 mins after my water broke, they hit and they hit hard. I took the pain for as long as I could but when they offer the epi to you, TAKE IT. If you dont take it when they offer it to you, you have to wait and deal with the pain. I remember getting my epi at 2:15 and it lasted the whole time and I didnt deliver until 9:59. It probably wore off at about 1:00 the next morning. That sort of thing differs from women to women because our bodies are not built the same. Some have a higher tollerance for pain than others. Good luck and Congrats to you and your husband!
    Prestonsgurl04

Answer by Prestonsgurl04 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2008