fake profiles?

I just wanted to know why would anybody have one? I've seen so many posts being accused of being fake. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Salem (you know, everybody pointing fingers accusing people of being withches lol)

karla85

Asked by karla85 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You just have to think of this place like you would the "real world". There are always going to be crazy folks, lying folks, folks who try to take advantage of you, just as much as there are nice, honest real folks. You need to be cautious on the internet, even more so, then in a real life situation. There' s nothing stopping someone from coming here (or anyplace) on the net & pretending to be something they are not. Its very easy to do. There are many reasons why someone would do it..fun, bored, mental illness...so you just need to be careful.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 8:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well, once you are here a while you get to know the people. And sometimes people aren't very good at disguising themselves.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The ones I've run across are usually asking very explicit sex questions and they just aren't worded in the way a woman would write. It seems as if there's some guys who get on CM and write some "wild" stuff just to get their thrills.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• There are fake ones. I've seen some that its very obvious they are not real. For instance, once I came across one that had pictures of her "babies" posted & they were googled photos of those pics you see by Anne Geddes. One of them was the one where the two babies are laying on a while background with a rose with them. Its a famous picture yet this person's caption was something like "My sweet twins"! Just recently, there was a case on here where a lady had stolen photos of the child she was a nanny for & claimed it was her child that she gave up for adoption. This all came out eventually because she got arrested for stealing some clothes from another family she nannied for & mailing them to someone else.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 7:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Here's a link to that story I was referring to:

http://americahotnews.blogspot.com/2009/01/cafemom-nanny-charged-for-theft.html

lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 7:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• OH WOW! I can't imagine what I would feel if someday I run into my kids pictures on another profile and some crazy chick claims them to be hers!!! But then again there is no way to prove you are a mom (or a woman) to have a cafemom account, I which there was
    karla85

Comment by karla85 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• there is some crazy people out there
    karla85

Comment by karla85 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2010