I have put in for child support threw the state of Illinois, and his father just had another baby and now Shea going to put in for child support, will It be considered that I filed first even tho we have not gone to court yet? Or will it b considered her filing first if she gets into court first?

Krys7777

Asked by Krys7777 at 7:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Whatever case goes in front of a judge first is served first. If they don't about the child they can't do anything. Sounds like he should stop having sex for awhile.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You should both get your support- no matter who filed first. Its based on income of each parent. He will also get a "credit" for paying for his other child. I wouldnt hold my breath if I was you- getting support in another state isnt always the easiest. If he is traveling the country loving 'em & leaving 'em- he'll probably skip from job to job too to avoid child support catching up to him. Hopefully you can get part of his tax refund tho. Good luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was wondering because I was told who ever files first gets 20% and the second person gets less... And yes he cheated in me with her and now she's taking him... He has a steady job... He just thinks all woman are usless... A big jerk!!!!
    Krys7777

Comment by Krys7777 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't think who files first matters. The amount of money that the courts deem he needs to give to care for his children will be split evenly between all of his children. At least that's how most states I've lived in seemed to work and that makes sense to me.

I know someone who had 3 kids with 3 women and he paid each of them 300/month
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• were you married?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i don't think the court cares how many other kids are out there....they will will look at your income and his per child (per case) they wont be looking at other cases of child support...they will just tell him to get a second job
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ...for example my ex is court ordered to pay me a certain amount per month. They didnt care that he had 2 other kids at home.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No not married... The thing is I put in for child support a year ago and still nothing I cnt afford a lawyer but his new X can... And I knw that both of us will get money but iv been told the state of Illinois will give who ever files first 20% of his check n the other like 15% the state knows bout my son for a year now this process going threw the state is just taken to long!!! I think I wanna put a motion in myself and go in front of a judge with no lawyer... What do you guys think???
    Krys7777

Comment by Krys7777 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i got mine without a lawyer. I went through the state..it was fast and easy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• look up child support recovery in your area
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010