Would you e-mail you husbands ex-wife if she picked up your child in a park without permission?

I do not get along with my husbands ex-wife. Today my 20 month old was running anyway from me and close to her. He was safe, not near a street or anything really. He was in a field of grass. She reached over and grabbed him and picked him up. Five different times I called to her to leave him be. My husband told me I'm an idiot even for having this affect me. I feel she needs to know there are boundaries and shouldn't interfere with my children. I think a lot of woman would feel or do the same thing and wanted some opinions please.

sonnys.mom

Asked by sonnys.mom at 1:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All women have a soft spot for kids. I hate this couple but I love their child, because he is a child. I would've been upset if I had TOLD her to leave him be and she didn't listen. And as for hubby, have you ever seen a man react like that? They don't understand some of the things we react to. Like when my hubby's ex started talking to him again as soon as he started dating me. I got upset cuz she refused to talk to him til then. I saw it as a ploy to get him back, he saw it as she got over her bitchiness. I would explain to hubby that by doing that she was challenging you. Tha't pretty much what she didn't whether she meant to or not. Even I do it without realizing it. I wouldn't email her. I'd just tell her that you were a little upset with her for not listening and you'd appreciate it if she didn't do it again. T
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I think she was just trying to help by bringing him closer to you . It is a mother's instinct to protect children, even those not your own. You are letting your dislike for this woman color your judgment on this issue. I would probably let this one go and pick your battles with the ex. Good luck.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I agree with cdgoldilocks. not something to get pissed over. Now if she had picked him up and walked off with him, I'd be pissed and she might be black and blue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• when i first read your question, i thought you meant she left with him...now that i would have been pissed at and would have had some un-nice words. but no, i'd just let it slide. i don't understand why she picked him up though, if he can walk, she could have just held his hand...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i agree sound like she was just trying to help u get him u probably still have the isued the she was his exwife and u need to let it go u r the new wife so dont make a big deal of her trying to help u with the kid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Nope, you are overreacting. But that said, there is something to be said for women's intuition. Sometimes we just don't want a person anywhere near us. Sounds like that is how you feel.
    But in this case as an outsider looking in, I think you are making too much of it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm sure she was just trying to help you out. Like cdgoldilocks and Anon said It is a mother's instinct to protect children, even those not your own. When I go to the park w/ my children and I see a little kid needing help and no mom is around I automatically help. It's just the mom in you....
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 9:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2008