Planned c sec!!! ughhhhh

So I had an emergency c-sec with my first dd because her heart rate dropped while I was pushing. This was 3-3-09 now Im 36 weeks and have been hoping for VBAC this whole time and the doctor says hes gonna set a date for my csec my next appointment on the 21! IM SO FRUSTRATED! He says I automatically have to have another csec because of the first and he is unwilling to do it any other way? Im so sad and anxious! When will he plan the c sec and why can't I at least try to have a vaginal. Im remembering how painful the recovery was from my first csec and literally dreading this day!!! Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 7:33 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know this is a terrible time to ask this, because you're so late in your pregnancy, but can you find another doctor? :-/ I know many doctors (and hospitals, in fact) don't support VBAC but many do. It's all a matter of finding the one who will support your decision.

I'm sorry mama! If you end up going through with the c-sec, don't worry...the 2nd one is MUCH better than the 1st! You'll heal a lot faster. :) :) *hugs*
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You really have to talk to him and INSIST he give you some good, research based reasons why you can't go for a VBAC!!! But you need to be your homework too..... read everything you can about VBAC's so you go in the office prepared for the debate!! Stand strong, but find out his reasons as well. Don't take "because I said so" for and answer!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I had c-sections with all 3 of mine (vbacs would not have been possible for me), BUT I know there are people who have had a cs and then went on to have vbac without any problems. If you want a vbac then talk to your doctor and make your wishes known. Find out WHY he is not willing to at least try it. If he refuses to listen to you then you may have to switch to someone else. I wish you luck and hope you have the delivery YOU want, and not what someone else thinks you should have.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• unfortunately switching doctors is out of the question as of now... I live in the middle of nowhere and already having to travel 45 min to the doc I am seeing now (The best around these parts) =-( I will do some research and try to get more answers from him when I go in on the 21st. I can't stop crying
    MiMiBreezy

Comment by MiMiBreezy (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• thanks Morgain!
    MiMiBreezy

Comment by MiMiBreezy (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Oh I feel for you!! Try not to be to upset.... use that energy to stand strong (((((((((hugs))))))))))) Keep reaching out too... it helps to talk to people that have been there!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• join the vbac group ask him why he will not do a trial of labor. ask him why he doesnt agree with the ACOGs new stand on vbacs. stand your ground, you DO NOT have to agree. labor at home as long as you can or even at a hotel near the hospital or something, walk into LnD bushing, they cant stop you. Do not sign any consent forms, dont let them cut you open, if you dont agree, they cannot do it, or thats a lawsuit!
    lundaylove

Answer by lundaylove at 7:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/1540/

Here's the link to the VBAC Group... I was thinking that too lundaylove!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Did he give you a reason as to why he wants to do a csection instead of a vbac? Many times during an emergency csection they will do a vertical incision instead of a horizontal one (on the uterus, not the outside one). If a vertical incision was done, there is a much higher chance of uterine rupture during a vbac. Ask him for his reasons - they may be valid.

Answer by missanc at 8:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010