fighting to get my son in the carset

We have a promblem my two year old hate the carset and has all ways but he starting to fight back bad. its to the point he screaming people are staring at me cuz im holding him down just to buckle him in. i cant take it anymore i need help any idea on how to make this stop

Cheesecake08

Asked by Cheesecake08 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly I don't know. Other than rewarding him when he is being agreeable and ignoring when he is not, I can't think of what else you could do. He will have to get used to it and learn to cooperate.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It'll end.. it's a stage.. my son went through this too when he was that age and then finally when he realized he wasn't winning it stopped. Unfortunately it's just the age and there is no other choice... he NEEDS to be in the carseat, period!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I really wish i could help. My brother was this was for my mom but never for me. Also my girlfriend looked at me one day after I put her son in his seat and she just said "How did you do that?" I don't know exactly what it is I do, I don't gear up for a fight because i never anticipate one, I brrok no argument and I personally feel excited about going anywhere so maybe the kids read that in me, my excitement and feed on it. IDK. Wish I could help more.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 7:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You are the parent. Doesn't it make you wonder why they are starring? It's because you look ridiculous arguing with a 2 year old. Beat his butt and make him stay in it. End of story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My son used to do this. I tried everything and finally ended up spanking his leg once or twice and it stopped real fast!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 7:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ask him dont he want to go with you and tell him he has to wear a seat belt otherwise he would not be allowed to come
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010