You want to WHAT!? No son, Nooooooooo!!!

My son just turned 10, and has informed me that he wants (and has tried to) KISS his Girlfriend! Whaaaaaa? Back up! He has a GIRLFRIEND!! He's only TEN!

Have you experienced this situation, and what have you done about it?

He has had "the talk" with my husband, and another one from me ( I think he was looking for a different answer), but he is not satisfied with it. He is SURE he wants to kiss her.

3gifts.from.god

Asked by 3gifts.from.god at 1:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• i hate to say it, but kids are kids. i remember when i was 10 i had my boy friends,and also my first kiss. hes still too young to want to do anything else, but unfortunately he is at that age
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• back up. what does he mean by kiss? a peck, french, what? if it's a peck, then i don't see a problem with it. at least he's open with you about what he wants to do. some kids try to hide everything from their parents.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Lol my lil bro went through that. At least he came to you and told you how he feels. DON'T close that door of communication now. If you make it into a big thing he won't want to come to you for ANYTHING like this again. Then what? You might be a young grandma because he didn't want to talk to you about sex. I think you guys did what you can for now by talking to him. He's probably going to do it whether you like it or not. As for having a gf. I remember playing bf/gf when I was that age. I wouldn't be upset, it's more like a game to kids that age, they're emulating things they see: older kids, parents and stuff.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You know we can disagree with the boy being only 10....but the fact remains this does happen, it has to be somebodies kid LOL. I think the important thing here is that he came to his mother to talk about it. Don't discourage his openness.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My thoughts exactly robinann5.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm going through the same thing with my 11 year old. As long as he keeps coming to me and being open, I'm ok with it. He hasn't kissed his girlfriend yet, but they have hugged. I remember being that age, and a lot of kids had kissed someone. They didn't turn out to be teen parents, or sluts. My son's a pretty good kid, and still acts like a kid. Just a kid who is on the phone A LOT! :)
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• IDRK bc I just asked my 10 yr. old son if he's ever kissed a girl 7 lol & he said no (but maybe it's bc it's me asking him or that he's sitting rite next 2 his dad (they're watching the FB game)) but I'm sure it will come up sooner than I'd like bc (& I'm not saying this bc he's mine or 2 b arogant), but girls already want 2 sit by him in the cafeteria, on the bus & he's already had a gril carry his backpack home 4 him. And he's mentioned that he has a different "GF" this wk. I think that all we can really do is keep the line of communication open between us & our kids & hope that remember the morals we've taught them so that they r able 2 make informed & healthy choices when we'er not there.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• OMG! My daughter just had her 1st "kiss". She talked about it before hand and I thought,"oh, how sweet!" and the next day I thought"OH! OH>>>>OHHHHHHHHMYGOD! She is 12 and just started middle school and those 7th graders look a whole lot older than I remember.She doesnt wear all the make up and stuff. Any way it turned out to be just a quick peck and hug. WHEW! so as it turned out it really was sweet. but this is a scary scary road for me, and herself I am sure. So far....so good!
    chellfairy

Answer by chellfairy at 5:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You know, My brothers son, it around 12 and he thinks he is a lil mac daddy im not fibbing

his parents think its alright,
    letting him do this since he was around 10- having lil girlfriends etc,

i would indeed be happy my child came to me and told me this
    and then i would indeed tell him what can happen,

he could get sexual assault, i know it sounds stupid, but i heard on the news about a 1st grader getting in trouble like this, on the school bus,

Its a little over the top but it can happen,
    and i tell my SIL all the time,
    she will pay for it, in the end,
    Anonymous

• i dont know what to tell u except give him condoms he is going to do every thing u dont want him to do. im going threw hell with my 13 yr old its driving me nuts dont even know what to do myself good luck if u find some anwsers please let me know i need something
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 12:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2008