Whats wrong with the Twilight Saga series?

Im just a little curios why everyone seems to hate the Twilight saga series and think that it has a bad influence on young girls? Im just curious let me hear your opinion ladies.

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate it because I think it's the most poorly written trash passed off as literature in modern times.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I like it... but I believe there is a thing as too young for it.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't know what the craze is, but if they had Sean Connery and Heidi Klum in the movie as the main charactors, I think it would have been a flop!

Im sure it did not get popular til the movie came out and then it all took off.......I dont know...just sayin'....

I don't hate it....I just dont get the craze for it...but people are going to hate alot of things......for one reason or another.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Oh good golly. They are dopy but I would rather have my teen watching that than Jersey Shore.
    I see nothing wrong with them at all.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think the problem with the Twilight series is the idea of Bella's lack of self control. It also depends on the "mental age" of the girl. If she has a strong sense of self esteem and can separate fiction from reality, great. Bella cannot control her emotions , literally, to save her own life. She has no idea who she is as an individual, and places a (very dangerous) boy in control of her entire universe. Although I don't have any girls, I was one, and I think she should be able to be happy on her own before she's ready to be in any kind of relationship. You can't rely on your partner to make you happy. I love the Twilight series, but wouldn't want my young daughter reading it, because it makes the notion of "eternal love" into something just given to you. In fact, it must be worked for, and you gotta give, not just take. Corny huh?
    shopgirl926

Answer by shopgirl926 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• According to my 16 yo daughter, Edward is a wuss and vampires shouldn't sparkle!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I really liked them...until the movies came out.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't think it's a bad influence. I just see is as unrealistic based on the history of Vampires. (Theory or otherwise) I see the movie as juvinielle and lacking substance. And adding that Vampires Sparkle was absolutely sickening. It's like a romance novel in the middle of a horror movie .. They don't go together. Not to mention that Vampires don't sparkle. The whole series lacked substance and credibility. It really was mindless and poorly written out. Plus, I don't think the actors were good at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Oh to tell you the truth I love Twilight but I also love vampires and whiches. (Anne Rice) But I do think that their rating and target age is to young. I don't agree with the pre teen target. I believe it should be 17 or 18.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 9:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2010