trying to get on a set bed time

im starting work and my son has no set time for bed and iv tryed to get him in bed by 9 but it a fight and i dont think the guys next door love the crying to 2 hours stright i need some adivce on how to make this easy

Cheesecake08

Asked by Cheesecake08 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 16 month old would never go to bed that early.
    but i think you should try and make his last nap be done by like 4, and give him a nice warm bath right before bed with johnson & johnson help baby sleep better soap & lotion
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• try putting his bed in ur room b4 making him sleep in his own room and in his own bed
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• bed time schedules start with wake up schedules. My DD is up by 7am. Nap at that age was about 1230 to about 2. Bed time routine started at 730, bed promptly at 8. We did bath, teeth brushing, reading. Laid her down, sang our songs, said our prayers, gave hugs & kisses, then I shut off the light & left the room. Go to your neighbors house, tell them the situation, I am sure they will understand a couple nights of crying, especially if it peace the rest of the time.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Wake him up earlier in the mornings. Give him an earlier nap. Those are about the only two things I can think of. My kids both stopped taking regular naps when they were a year old. They would lay down and rest, but they would not nap. And slowly put him to bed a little bit earlier every couple of days.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2010