husband saying the F word all the time- around our 2 and 10yr old

I've asked over and over for him to stop- "just a word" he says. He seems to not care if the kids pick up on it and "it would be cute the first time". UGGG!!! He says it even in just regular conversations, his dad also does- but he lives in another state, but Im sure thats where he picked up the habit from. I feel like I live with a man that does not get that I want my children to have morals and not cuss.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Was he like this before you married? They don't change their stripes... Teach your children good manners and discipline them immediately if they start to swear.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• So people who curse don't have morals??

My mom and dad cursed when I was older, and to this day, I don't curse
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• oops, meant to say when I was YOUNGER
    Fallaya

• we say it. our kids have never said it. they are 4 and 6. i guess they just know better. i think if your kids were ever going to say it, they would have said it by now. my husband is stubborn and i have a short temper so we are quick to swearing,lol. we are not screaming, and fighting and bad parents because of this. like if i am walking into a room and i stub my toe on something i might say "F-in chair" that's it. then i go about what i'm doing. the kids just let it blow by. it's funny, we may be mad at one son down the street and tell the other, "go tell your brother to get his ass home! and you tell him ass. tell him mommy and daddy said ass" the son we are talking to just stares at us. then he'll laugh at say "no, i'll say " daddy and mommy said get your butt home". they know all the substitutions,lol. but i wouldnt freak out. my whole family has truckers' mouths and none of the kids have ever been heard swearing
    berlgirl1224

Answer by berlgirl1224 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You'll just have to teach your children that some adults use vulgar language. I handled it with my ex by telling my kids that people who swear don't know the right word to use, and just use the swear word.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010