Im starting my own catering business very soon, could someone give me some pointers on using recipes out of cookbooks etc.???

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Make sure you try all your recpes first & have friends/family try it too so they can give you an opinion. You want to make sure you'll be making food that the majority of the people will like.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Im nervous about the whole idea of catering, but I anxious. So I cant get in trouble for putting an item on my menus from a cookbook or other sources??
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Everything should have your own twist. Your own secret to make it that much better. Using everyday recipes out of a cookbook is cheating, because you should be able to share a menu that they can't get anywhere else.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You cannot get in trouble for using a recipe out of a cookbook. You can use whatever recipe you know or have found without any legal backlash.
    JazzlikeMraz

• so when i making up my menus, and for instance i make a crab ragoon appetizer. Its still crab ragoon right??? Im kind of stuck :(
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ok
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 10:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• ok what I really need some advice here......
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I had a catering business for several years and yes you can use recipes from cookbooks, magazines etc. and not get in any trouble for it. I wish you lots of luck with your business. It can be fun, but It is a lot of hard work and can take over your life in a hurry if you let it!!
    jillybean4

Answer by jillybean4 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010