Cooking, Cleaning, taking care the kids... Hubby or you?

Who does the most when it comes to the house work, cooking and taking care the kids (bath, dressing, feeding..)? In my house it seems as if I dont do it then it doesn't get done. I have to piratically twist his arm to bath my daughter which only consist of wiping her off and washing her hair when she is done playing. I get a text daily that says whats for dinner while im at work and he is home. I just wanna know Im not the only one.

twohearts0810

Asked by twohearts0810 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Our kids are all older, the 3 we have left at home are 13, 15 and 15, so we don't have so much to do to take care of them, but just doing their laundry and keeping up with the mess and trying to make them pick up after themselves is a chore, but hubby is great. We definitely share in the responsibilities. If I get home first, I like to have the house picked up and dinner at least started and if he gets home first, he does the same for me so we can both relax later. He was a single dad with full custody of all 3 of his kids for a long time, so he became Mr. Mom and knows how to take care of a house as well as any woman. I got lucky when I found him!!! ;-)
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You are not alone... little boys should be raised to know how to do these things and be expected to.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• cooking - me
    Cleaning - supposed to be me, but DH does a pretty good job at it. I'm a SAHM, but he does it so efficiently! I'm like WOW! You're amazing!
    Children - mostly me

I feel bad, because my DH is a neat freak & i am not. If i don't clean, he will clean the house & do a better job than i could do. But, i feel bad...he works all day & shouldn't have to clean up on his days off and after work. So, i try my best. But, he always finds something he can clean, fix or organize. I'm a lucky woman!

I do ALL the shopping & cooking & just about all the child rearing. He will discipline & play with her lots & spend time with her. But, i do all the back breaking parenting. Feeding, cleaning, getting ready for school, homework, school projects etc...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am a sahm ... enough said
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do everything inside (kids, cleaning, cooking) he does everything outside (work, lawn, trash)
    brenda06

Answer by brenda06 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I'm a single mom, so... it's me... always JUST me
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do most of that kinda stuff.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• We both work full time-- and we both do our share of cooking, cleaning and parenting.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Hubby works away a month at a time so I do all of it while he's gone. When he's home, he helps out if he see's something that needs to be done and I'm busy with something else. Otherwise he comes home with a list of his own, and usually has a busy schedule until he leaves again. I don't expect him to do anything around the house that I would normally take care of while he's gone. If I can handle it while he's gone, I can handle it when he's here. He works hard to provide a nice home, well maintained vehicles, and a comfortable lifestyle, so I don't bitch if I do the stuff around the house.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do most of the cleaning, and I'm a SAHM so I'm with the kids more but when he's home he pretty much takes over the childcare. Cooking is done by whomever isn't busy when it's time to start supper, usually me because he's still at work but many times he finishes up when he gets home if the kids are playing by themselves nicely.

Answer by missanc at 8:46 PM on Sep. 19, 2010