I need advice about my toddler

he was diagnosed with hand foot mouth bc of a few spots near his mouth and on the bottom of his feet. Now a month later he still gets occasional red spots on his lip or around his mouth...no other symptoms. I can't afford to keep going to the doc. does anyone have experience with this? Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Watch how often you shampoo carpets (reactive dormant microbes that tend to be in rugs)....strengthen his "constitution" with immune boosters like yogurts, mineral rich steamed veggies and cut up fruit. My youngest is still getting one or two in his mouth after a dx of coxsackie virus a long time ago.....thinking it's another virus he gets when he is growth fast or run down.....I tell the school he can only drink from his water cup and not the 3 drinking fountains at school.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• When my dd was small she had hand/foot/mouth which I was told was viral. It lasted around 6-7 weeks - with small outbreaks on and off. Then it went away. I think I would only call the doctor if it became worse or started spreading to new areas. Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My daughter had it all over her mouth, feet and hands. COVERED!!! She wouldn't let me do anything but hold her for about 4 days and then was fine and never another out break.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010