Do you think the teachers at charter schools should wear uniforms also???

I do....

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in

• No, they are the adults and should be dresed appropraitely but no in uniforms.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:51 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No. I taught at a private school and was asked this by the students all the time. They can expect me to dress like a professional and conservatively for the sake of my students, but they do not dictate my dress any further than that. Students need to see what it looks like to dress professionally. We are role models aiding the students in how to be productive members of society... dress in one of those lessons to be learned as well.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think they should. Uniforms are around because they make the students unified and attempt to take away other kids ability to make fun of them for what they're wearing. If they are to be truly unified, the teachers should wear them or a variation of them too.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Why do want the teachers in uniforms too?
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Hah! No one goes to college to get a job where you have to wear a uniform.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Its just a question however It just seems to me if the "students" are all in the same attire same colored shirts, pants/ skirts, black or brown shoes etc., Why shouldnt the "teachers" be in dress code as well. if the school is trying to have the children see professionally dressed students and teachers everyday why not make the teachers dress the same as well.... Just my opinion.
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No I don't. They should just dress professionally
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• That's a great idea!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 9:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Why does it matter?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't need my child's teacher dressed the SAME as my child. A teacher is an ADULT, and a  professional who went to college and obtained their degree. They should be allowed to dress how they choose, in an appropriate manner for the career they have chosen of course.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

Next question in
Would you transfer?

Next question overall (Kids' Health)
I need advice about my toddler