have you did the ring test and was it right?

i did experiment i put it over my kids tummy and it was right for the boys it went side to side and for my dd it did a circle.i put it over my hubby it stayed still and over my tummy (i think im preggers) it did a circle.im gonna wait till my neighbor gets home whom is not preggo and see if it stays still

loomis6

Asked by loomis6 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did it with this pregnancy...it said girl...and its a boy...
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• did you hold it completly still?
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes. lol perfectly still..and then it started going in circles. I have 3 boys already so i was reeeaaaally hoping it was right...but nope haha
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• For my first pregnancy, I did not want to find out the sex, but I was letting my friends do the fork test, the ring test, guess based on how I was carrying--anything safe anyone could think of to determine sex. Everything--and I mean everything was saying I was having a girl.

I had a boy
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I did it when preg with jared and it was right!
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• perfect love901 sorry im hoping for a girl too if i am
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• whats the fork test?
    loomis6

• it was the same as the ring, but they tied a fork to the string.

My one friend insisted she had never been wrong about the sex of the baby she checked out I was carrying, asked about my cravings and she's the one who did the fork thing. She swore up and down I was having a girl. I gave her first (and she claims to this day-only) error of guessing the sex of a baby.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It was accurate with me. But, i heard it will turn different directions for different people. This may sound strange, but i was told to ask it which is my girl & then let it spin while just holding it still (just in the air, it doesn't have to be over anything). It should turn in a certain direction. Then ask "what is my boy" and it should change directions. So, you may want to figure out which direction is girl & which direction is boy. Pendulum's are strange. They always worked for me, even with telling the future. Sounds strange, but it was so accurate that i stopped using one. I'm not really one who thinks fortune telling is a good thing, especially after playing around with it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Lol. There are a lot of old wives tales out there. Unfortunately the only real way of checking the baby's gender is with and ultrasound or chromosome test (with the amniocentesis)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 3:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010