table decore ( for wedding ) ideas

My friend is throwing together a wedding reception for next friday ( they are getting married via courthouse on Tuesday ) , the "theme" is kind of autumn-y ( the colors are orange and yellow) . It is suppose to be very casual ( there will be jean-wearing) ....... anyways we already bought some candles for the tables ( they will have orange fabric bows on them ) and we have enough for 2 at each table ( rectangle shape) ...but needs some ides on something else to add to the tables that doesnt cost a huge amount of money

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 8:07 PM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Usually you can get some cute "fall" decorations at the dollar tree.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• well she already got some things there .. like little dhishes to put candy corn in
    glamomomo

Comment by glamomomo (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would do centerpieces that involved pumpkins. You could cut holes out around the pumpkins and put some sort of candle or light inside, or you could leave them uncut but glue rhinestones all over them. I've seen some centerpieces involving pumpkins that were actually really pretty! Also, as favors, you could give out caramel apples, or those little tiny pumpkins. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Small bales of hay, little pumpkins stacked on top, with the candles surrounding it. They have fall colored craft leaves at the craft stores, you could lay those sparingly on the tables. Cattail wreaths or bunches would look nice with the color and theme too. I'm sure there are lots of ideas for autumn weddings, and it sounds like it will be really nice and a lot of relaxed fun. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• LovingSAHMommy~~~Ooooh , love your idea of the caramel apples! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I saw a really cute thing in a magazine where they did a pumpkin topiary. They took an urn, put a pumpin so it sat on top but inside it, then stacked smaller pumpkins on top. I think they had about four in each one. They had pumpkins of different colors, too. You could use mini pumpkins too. They held them together with skewers. It was really cute!
    HeatheranninSP

Answer by HeatheranninSP at 8:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2010